UnCollege is changing the notion that going to college is the only path to success.
- College lacks academic rigor.
- 22% of college grads under 25 are working jobs that do not require a degree
- A college degree ≠ success.
- Creativity is the No. 1 “leadership competency.”
- 70% of learning comes from real-world experiences.
- Self-directed learners outperform traditional students (86th percentile to 50th).
To change the notion that university is the only path to success and to help people to thrive in an ever changing world in which it is virtually impossible for educational institutions to adapt.
We believe that:
- Many people pay too much for university and learn too little.
- You can get an amazing education anywhere—but you’ll have to stop writing papers and start doing things.
- You need an excellent education to survive in a world where 50% of the population is under 30.
- Subjects taught in traditional universities are often contrived, theoretical, and irrelevant, promoting conformity and regurgitation rather than innovation and learning.
- You don’t have to decide what to do with your life at age 18.
- You can contribute to society without necessarily having a university degree.
- You cannot rely on university to give you a complete and relevant education when professors are often more interested in researching than teaching.
- If you want to gain the skills requisite for success, you must hack your education.
We encourage you to check out our Gap Year Program, Hackademic Camps, and more!