Fifty percent of the world’s population is under thirty: you must differentiate yourself to succeed. With 70.1% of high school graduates going to college, a college degree no longer guarantees success.
Why should you join the UnCollege movement?
- College lacks academic rigor.
- 22% of college grads under 25 are working jobs that do not require a degree
- A college degree ≠ success.
- Creativity is the No. 1 “leadership competency.”
- 70% of learning comes from real-world experiences.
- Self-directed learners outperform traditional students (86th percentile to 50th).
- Many people pay too much for university and learn too little.
- You can get an amazing education anywhere—but you’ll have to stop writing papers and start doing things.
- You need an excellent education to survive in a world where 50% of the population is under 30.
- Subjects taught in traditional universities are often contrived, theoretical, and irrelevant, promoting conformity and regurgitation rather than innovation and learning.
- You don’t have to decide what to do with your life at age 18.
- You can contribute to society without necessarily having a university degree.
- You cannot rely on university to give you a complete and relevant education when professors are often more interested in researching than teaching.
- If you want to gain the skills requisite for success, you must hack your education.