Do you believe you can change the world and you don’t want to wait four years?
There’s a better path to success.
UnCollege is launching a Gap Year program to take ten people through a year long process of self-directed learning. The program will involve three months in San Francisco learning how to create your own learning plans, three months living abroad, three months pursuing a creative project, and three months doing an internship.
PARTICIPANTS WILL COMPLETE WORK IN FOUR PRIMARY AREAS:
- The Effective Self – Develop the habits and practices of successful people, understand the depths of who you are and what you want to contribute. Actualize all that you can be.
- Hackademics – Practice the basic and advanced skills required to participate in today’s information economy. From Math and Programming, to Design and Communication, you’ll quickly pick up skills above and beyond any college curriculum.
- Common Experiences – Share adventures around the world with an awesome cadre of UnCollege Fellows, and visit pockets of great people and innovation across the globe. Have jobs and experiences that connect you with both the world’s elite and the rest of humanity.
- Common Understanding – Learn the equivalent of a liberal arts education, developing a foundation of knowledge that bridges cultures and fosters meaningful connections across disciplines and boundaries.
We have built a custom-designed program to teach fellows the skills that are requisite for success in the real world but are never taught in school. Program participants will:
- Live abroad for three months
- Build your personal brand. Speak at a conference, Write an op-ed for a major news outlet. Build a personal website
- Work in the service and labor economy
- Build a portfolio of academic and professional work that will get you audience anywhere
- Find an internship and work in the real world.
The cost for the entire 12-month program is $13,000. The year will be divided into four segments: three months in San Francisco, three months abroad, three months doing an internship, three months doing an independent project.
For that sum you’ll get:
- Three months of housing in San Francisco
- The custom-designed hackademics curriculum
- $2,000 in travel stipend to design your three-month trip
- Access to an elite network of mentors from around the world
- Our help in finding an awesome internship
—–———– nuts & blots —–—————-
What do you need to be an UnCollege Gap Year Participant?
For legal reasons, you must be over eighteen to participate. However, we welcome more than just eighteen year-olds. If you’re eighteen to twenty-eight we encourage you to apply. You can have either a high school diploma, college degree, neither, or both. We really don’t care about that.
What are we looking for:
- Extraordinary Intelligence. Are you clever enough to help solve the world’s hardest problems?
- Unstoppable Motivation. Are you motivated enough to create your own destiny?
- Unflappable Integrity. Can people count on you to live up to your responsibilities and do the right thing?
If these qualities sound like you to the nth degree, apply for the UnCollege Gap Year and create your own destiny.