Schools don’t have a monopoly on knowledge; you can teach yourself everything you need to know to succeed in life. You can get a world-class education by reading the books listed below. However, this list is in no way meant to replace college. These books are just a place to start hacking your education.
This page lists all UnCollege-recommended books for easy bookmarking and reference.
Business and Social Media
Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality, by Scott Belsky
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less, by Richard Koch
- Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business, by Josh Kaufman
- Rework, by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose, by Tony Hsieh
- The Mesh: Why the Future of Business Is Sharing, by Lisa Gansky
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationships at a Time, by Keith Ferrazzi (Summary)
- The Education of Millionaires: It’s Not What You Think and It’s Not Too Late, by Michael Ellsberg (Summary)
- The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Social Change, by Jennifer Aaker and Andy Smith with Carlye Adler